Saturday, March 5, 2011

Gives Me Hope

I thought today that instead of posting a normal blog, instead I'd share something with you. There's this website called Givesmehope.com and I love it. Whenever I go on I spend hours just going through the stories. Some of them bring me to tears, but in a good way. If you are ever feeling depressed or just need a little pick me up, I suggest you visit givesmehope.com. Here are a few of my favorites of the truly amazing stories told on the site:


A little girl was dying of cancer and her younger brother had a match for the bone marrow she needed. The doctors told him it was a matter of life and death. After he had the surgery, he asked the doctors how long he had to live. He thought if he gave his bone marrow to let his sister live he would die - but he did it anyway. GMH.


My little sister came home from school one day and demanded I take her to the library so she could get books on sign language. I asked why? She told me there was a new kid at school who was deaf and she wanted to befriend him. Today, I stood beside her at their wedding watching her sign... “I DO”.  GMH.


In school we played a game. If you agreed with the statement/question, you walked across the room. The question was "I feel comfortable with my body'. One of the biggest girls in the class walked across the room, without a second of doubt. Nicole, you GMH


In class we were talking about differences and how everyone is special. A girl talked about her freckles; a boy about his red hair. I asked them what was different about me and many exclaimed "You're taller than us!" or "You're older!" Not one mentioned I was black. A colorblind generation GMH.

3 comments: